Tuesday, November 16, 2004

The day after

What-u mates.

I must confess that that week was the drunkest week I ever had. In fact for the whole week I was drunk half the time. It's not that I have a problem with alcohol, it was just a question of being in the right place at the right moment (I know the sentence is not right, but I changed it for my own purpose). I found really nice going to a Pub to enjoy my book with a couple of pints, in fact I loved that moments. If you have the whole day free, if you don't have anything to do or go afer 5pm and you need to spend some time doing something nice, reading on a Pub with a pint of nice Ale (or lager) and beside the chimney (or however it has to be written) it's one of the most wonderful things in life. I really love and miss that moments. But after 3 hours being on the Pub, waiting to meet somebody or just going home meant to be drunk. You can't stay on a Pub for 3 hours without drinking 2 or 3 pints, I believe it would be cheeky to do the opposite. So I did.

The problem always was when I went home, or met the people whom I had to see, there was always a chance to get drunker. My flatmates brought more beer, or I had something to do with Alice that finally envolved drinking (like the raffle thing). Or there was just kind of a party at Alice's house with her parents, or just meet her father, brother, brother's fionce when arriving at home at the local pub. I don't want to blame Alice, but mostly it was her fault, except for the previous book beers.

So next day, the day after the raffle event, I spent the day at London. This time I promised Alice I'll help her with another fund rising event, tihs time a conference or something like that (that kind of events had a name, but as always I fogot) at the Marie Curie Hospital. I went before the event to help them (Alice and the girls at the raffle) to move chairs, furniture, machines and leave everything prepared for the event. I did help them, but I couldn't stay for the conference, I don't really know why. They had speakers, and I believe they talked about some organization or part of an organization that goes to high mountains on south america, I'll ask Alice and I'll explain it to you later. The bad thing is that the conferences seemed to be really interesting, with loads of exciting stories from the speakers, and I feel really jealous about Alice being there and not me.

Anyway, I had to meet them at the hospital later, 4 or 5 hours later. So I went for a walk on the area, wich was close to Camdem Town. They adviced me to go to Camdem Market, but you know I love to be lost and so I did. The fact is I couldn't find Camdem Market, but I had a nice walk. But I still had a lot of free time and nothing to do. Guess what I did; yes I went to the Pub to drink and read. So when the time came I was again partially drunk. I went back to the hospital and help them to put the stuff back on their original place. And after that, and talk for a bit with the girls, Alice, myself and Alice's boss (Andy?) left the place on a car. We went to Marie Curie Office at Vauxhall. The building is very posch and seems to be expensive. So I asked Andy? how it was that they had the office there, you know when you have a funding organization expending a lot on an office seems to be a nonsense. He told me the building was crap, badly made and even ill, so the owners had planned to pull it down and rebuild a new one. So the rent is very cheap, and a lot of fundings have their offices there. I wander what'll happen when they finally pull the building down.

After that Alice and I had to go to an Alice's house for a birthday party and so we did. We reach the house and met her friends. I talked with them while Alice was changing her clothes for going out, and drunk white wine. Then we left the house and went to a Pub to drink more. There's not a lot of interesting things that happened on the Pub. I was really really tired, so I was a bit silent, and that's really strange on me, you know. So I'll just tell you the interesting bits of the night.

Some French friends of Alice's birthday girl came to meet us on the Pub. I was telling Alice that everybody hates French guys, and also that I do hate Frenchs (actually it's not true, it's just part of the topic that everybody hate French people). So it happend again the same as the night before. I was told the girl speaked fluent Spanish. And after hearing that, just before telling Alice about the world and myself hating Frenchs, that I made my way to talk to the girl on my own language. I know it did surprise Alice again, how I can change my mind and even forget about pain when there's a nice lady that can speak spanish. I promise I was joking about the hating, I do not know enough French people to have an oppinion about them. So I talked with the girl, and in fact I talked a lot. It was a bit strange for me because she had a south spanish accent, I mean from Andalucia. So I was speaking with a French girl with an Andalucian accent, and I couldn't notice a strong French accent at all, it might had been I was drunk. She was really nice I say, but her boyfriend was beside her. She liked to speak with me because her English wasn't as good as her Spanish, her boyfriend translated almost everything in fact.

After a while, and as a result of me being tired I talked to Alice, who noticed my tireness, and I told her if there was any possibility to go to her friend's house and sleep. She told me she was also tired and so we went out the Pub to talk about that. But she was hungry, and I was also and we went to a fried chicken place next to the Pub and asked for some chicken. Then this big black guy came and asked for chicken. When he was going to pay some coins falled from his hand. I quickly move my hand to pick them from the floor and gave them to the guy. He was really surprised about that, like nobody ever had done something like that for him. He told me I was a gentleman and that Alice was lucky. It made me feel really well, but at the same time made me think about English people not doing what I did. The guy was really happy with what I did and he was smiling all the time. I was also happy and his smile and happy face were a very nice thing. So we left the place, eat our chicken and finally went home to sleep.

I slept on the sofa and she slept on the ground with a sleeping bag. It wasn't my choice, don't believe I'm a bloody nasty guy who doesn't care about other people sleeping on the ground. She insisted it was worst to sleep on the sofa. But it seemed the sofa wasn't the appropiate place to sleep. At 3am the other people, the house owners and some others came back home to sleep. We had to leave the lounge and went to sleep on a proper bed. That sounds really nice, but it wasn't really a whole bed. I could consider myself as lucky that night 'cause I slept with two Ladies. But I must say I sleep with Alice's feet beside my face and I didn't sleep in the middle of the bed, so I wasn't surrounded by women. Fortunatly Alice's feet didn't snorl or smell.

I hope I won't have any alcohol problems in the future.

Manoel.

PS: Thanks Alice for so many really nice moments.

No comments: