Saturday, July 03, 2004

The Start.

I decided to leave my country last November.

  • Why?
       Well. I was tired of my own country. I felt a bit bored and, as I said before, tired of the same things, people, behaviours, etc... Apart from those reasons and some personal ones, the opportunities for an ambitious guy as I am aren't really good, and, as I've finished my degree, I want a good job (is not only a question of money, I mean).


  • When?
       I said I decided it on November 2003, but I had to wait 'til I finish my degree, so I couldn't leave at that time, and also I needed money. So the travel was postponed 'til I have everything fixed and finished. Now I have a date for my departure. It's on the second of October. That day I'll leave my house, my family, friends, and some very important people, my city, and over all country. I'll start that amazing day when I'll wake up early in the morning to pick a bus (it migth be possible that somebody will bring me to Madrid, but that's just possible by now), and will be continued when I enter, for the first time in my live, a plane.


  • Who?
       I'm from Pontevedra, a small town in Galicia (Spain) close to 90 thousand humans. I was born in 1977 and, as an stupid information, I'm Aquarius. I was nearly born with a computer in my hands, I said nearly 'cause I had to wait 'til I was 10 to have one, but I practiced in a shop before with a Spectrum (9Kb of RAM) some BASIC. So, basicaly, I'm a programmer, IT, Informático, or whatever you use to name us. I love music, singing, dancing, cinema, sports, and a lot of other things, specially reading and all those special girls that I've met in my live. I could speak a lot about my own, but I wish you'll know me better later, as I'll be on a new environment I'll be changed.


  • Where?
       After thinking on different places in my own country and outside it, I made a decision. London, UK. I know people there, it´s one of the places I always wished to visit, and I know the language. It's a large, huge city, with a lot of job opportunities (I hope that's true). I considered some other places, but after all London had all the things I wanted. Maybe later I'll move to a different side of the world (in fact I'm thinking on Tokyo in a not really far future), who knows.


  • What?
       I expect to find a new world there. Different language, different people, different places, ... And above all, I believe that just the fact of everything being new to me is enough. There's a lot of places that I always desired to visit, I was a Beatlemaniac, so it's easy to imagine wich places I wan to visit, but also I love J.R.R. Tolkien, and computers, and art, and history, so London it's a wonderful place for me. I also love beer. And, as I said before, I expect to find a interesting job, something I found really hard to find here.


  •    Well, that's my first Post for the log, and I wish I won't leave it unfinished. It's just a question of finding time to renew it with new posts, and to see that somebody is interested on it. Of course I'll put anything I find interesting, but not only as a personal log, but with info about London and the chances to make a live there, so I hope somebody will find it useful for their own movements.

    Manoel, a future Londoner.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Do Spaniards have difficulty finding a space to settle? I knew a few who stayed in my place but looked so uncertain on what to do with their lives.