Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The eternal Problem

Hi all of you.

I want to ask you about looking for friends. It might be just me, as I'm a bit shy sometimes (the people that knows me don't believe this, but it's totally true), or it might be the circunstances. But the fact is it's really hard to meet people. Specially when you don't have time during the week for any social life at all, and you don't know anybody here except for a few, and you don't know even where to go. I'm trying as hard as I can, I promise, but it seems to be hard nowadays.

in the past it was easier for me, I believe because I was younger and a bit more of an alcoholic. But know I'm getting old (not that old, I know) and everything is turning difficult. I can't have friends (to go out) at my working place because of the differencies: age, marital state, and also (why not telling you) because I don't think we'll link (I hope it's right to say it like that, but I'm sure you'l understand it).

It was easier at London, not because people was different but because I knew some and I could go out with them and new friends of theirs. The fact is that me and my flatmates aren't able to meet new and interesting people yet, and we're trying. I'll just wait, because I know there's some things I could do and some events I could go, and it might be just a matter of time. It's only three months that I'm here and I can't expect better.

But, as I said, some people that I met aren't suitable for myself, specially some of them (do you remember the "fat bastard"). I could be a bit elitistic but I don't think so, I just think they're not right for myself. And also there's some nice people I met, but they don't seem to want to go out with me, not because they don't like me but because they have their own social life and I might not be making enouhg effort to mix with them.

So I guess it's my own fault. I promise I'll try harder, so I'll have some more exciting stories to tell you. Meanwhile I'll tell you about my job and the people around me wich is quite interesting and funny.

Regards from a very Spanish place as Madrid.

Manoel.

PS: If ever somebody told you about the "MadrileƱos" being "chulos" (arrogant) I should tell you they were totally right about that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manoel

Great to see that you're up and writing again. Hope all is cool in madrid ... I'm looking forward to seeing more new posts soon!

Thanks

CM