Saturday, April 02, 2005

Yes, I'm back.

Hi again, once more.

Although I'm not where I would really wanted to be I'm glad to be here. This is not as fascinating as it might be London or any town at England, but it has it's own charming. There's also millions of stories I got and most of them could be hilarious if I have the inspiration to tell them.

I should tell you about working at an office, wich remainds me of a TV series I watched from BBC, it was called "the office". I found some similitudes between the serie and my own life. Althoug I don't have a "David Brent" boss I have plenty of them without being bosses, specially one of them whom I gave the name of "Fat Bastard", taken from the Austin Powers Films. If you had seen that film and the guy, you'll understand what I mean. It has nothing to do with him being fat (I was fat once) but with the fact that he is actually fat and also as horrible as that guy on the film, he also gives me the creep anytime I see him. But I'll talk about him in the future as I have a lot of things to tell you about him, and I'm pretty sure I'll have some more soon. I also see how blind are spaniards (or even anybody at an office?) with new ideas. The answer for the question "Why are we doing it like that?" it's always "We've been doing it like that for ages" wich is not valid for myself. So I guess i'll have a lot to fight, unless they fire me for being too efficient.

As you see and I constantly repeat again and again I have a lot of things to tell and not that much time considering I'll tell you about things that happened some time ago, I'll try to be as fast as possible so next time I'll tell you about things that happened yesterday instead of last month, but that's going to be hard. I also have problems with my bank, they are charging me 20€ just for having red numbers (I hope it's said like that, if not just ask me about it) for just 7 days when the average is they wait 10 days to charge you anything, it's like they are stealing me that money, but that's always a problem with banks at Spain, you might know it.

My flatmates are really nice, although I have some problems with them and also some arguings, I'm not going to tell you anything bad about them. Not because they might be reading this (I'm almost sure they're not going to) but because that's something completely normal and also they are really nice. I'm sure it's totally normal to have some differences with your flatmates. So I'll leave the flat matters alone.

But, as I told you, there are millions of facts, things, curiosities I can tell you about Spain, Madrid and my new working life, so I gues you'll not be bored.

Farewell.

Manoel.

PS: I'm just waiting for you to know about the "fat bastard" hee's kind of a character. I'm sure he'll make a really good and hilarious book. I might just tell you he also remainds me of a book character from "Confederacy of Dunses" called Ignatius J, Really, but even worst.

No comments: