Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The lazy bastard

Hi fellow bloggers.

I´m not sure you´re still there. It´s a long time since the last post, and I´m afraid to say it was totally my fault. I hope you still come back some time to check if I had written and you didn´t lose the hope to read something. Sorry.

As you know I´ve been unemployed for the last two weeks. It was a time for relaxing and francly doing nothing but watching movies and eating sunflower seeds (I love them). I also went to Pontevedra to see my family and friends. I also had a chance to see how little changed is my old town. I went by plane, and this time it wasn´t a quiet flight, we had turbulences and also a problem when we reach Galicia. It was cloudy, and the pilot began descending, I´m used to it, I usually play a computer game called Flight Simultator so I`m familiar with the process. The problem was the altitude wasn´t as indicated on the panel (I know that because of the game) and sudenly a mountain appear on sight. I could hear the roar of the engines and felt we were going upwards faster than normal, but not enough for the rest of the passengers to notice. As I said I know how piloting works (at least a little) and I could notice something was going wrong, but not really wrong I mean, I´m sure it´s perfectly normal, it was just another event on my flying career.

I started my new job, and I´m quite happy as everything seems to go better. I´m not too hopeful to be prepared for the worst to happen. I know I sound a bit pesimistic, but unfortunatly life has kicked me a bit not long ago, so I´m just preparing my bottom just in case. I´m going to work for Repsol (well, my company does, and as a result so do I), wich is an oil company, I´m not hopeful to get petrol discounts, and also I don´t have a car, but it would be nice.

I don´t like talking about politics, specially because I don´t belive on it, it´s kind of a religion. And also my fellow blogger and friend Colin does write about the last Spanish politics affairs. So I don´t feel in the need to. But you might want to know my opinion about the latest Catalonian and "estatuto". Well, I have an oppinion, but Ì´m sure it has nothing to do with the Catalonians, PSOE or PP (Political Parties). Everything´s a mess, they play with words as the people doesn´t really understand the real meaning of all. They use the words "nation", "nation of nations", "autonomía", and some others as it they didn´t have a proper meaning. I thought we had a rich language, but it seems nobody knows it, I wander if they have a dictionary to check the definition of them all. The purpose is we believe what they want us to believe, if it´s the Catalonias who´s speaking they´ll try to convince us they have rights, they deserve more. If it´s the actual gobernment (PSOE), and specially if it´s our president who´s talking, they´ll try to make us believe nothing really is happening, and they´l try to convince both, the catalonians, and the rest of Spain, that nothing´s going to change except if it´s going to be better for everybody. If it´s the PP, the opposition party, they´ll talk about the fall and ruin of the constitution and the Spanish nation. One doesn´t know what to believe, so I just think everything is a big lie sweetened with honey words. Nothing is going to change, as it always does in terms of politics.

On other hand, we have the chicken flew, wich has been a big issue for the last two weeks. Day after day, another chicken, parrot, goose or whatever is found dead with simptoms of the flu. No man has died from direct contagion from another man, and yet just 2 guys died from it (I´m not sure about the real numbers, but I know it was just a few). And also there´s not evidence about a muted flu virus. There´s also the fact we don´t have a vacine for the virus, it´s perfectly logic, as there´s no virus at all yet. But European governments are expending a lot of money and time on the case, buying antivirals and convincing us to be afraid of nothing. I´m not sure it´s not another trick so we can forget about the European constitution catastrophe or the Catalonian "estatut". I´m quite a scientist, or at least I consider myself as one, and I play with evidence; by the time there´s none to be alarmed. If something really happens I won´t be surprised by the chaos.

I can´t promise to write every week, but I´ll try. blessings, farewells and my best wishes and thoughts for all you.

Manoel.

2 comments:

ian llorens said...

Everyone can have an opinion, but you cannot impose your ideas on me. The dictator is dead and now we are free to express our ideas without being shot. Catalonia is a nation, look it up in the Spanish dictionary and you will realize that there is no ambiguity there.

By the way, even though I never use the word to identify myself, I know that "a Spaniard" and not "an Spaniard" should be used. I think you are having some trouble with dictionaries.

Unknown said...

First of all, I´m not sure if you´d notice I didn´t give my oppinion about it.

Second, I never intend to impose my own ideas to anybody, and as a matter of fact the purpose of this blog is to let readers to know what happens in my life, and it´s on their own to read them, or to agree or not when I give my oppinion.

Third, this blog started a year ago, don´t you think somebody could have told me the title was wrong? Don´t you realize it´s on purpose?

And last, If we follow the 1st definition in the dictionary, every "autonomía" in this country is a nation. Do you consider Andalucía, or Extremadura as nations? I´m Galician, and I consider myself as a Galician, I have my own language and culture, even when I speak in Spanish I do it on a different way as the rest of Spain. But I believe (and this time is an oppinion) that we are all the same, Galicians, Catalonians, Spaniards, British, Italians, Australians, Indians, ... We are human beings and we live in the same planet.

PS: As Felipe Gonzalez said "sin acritud" I don´t want to arguee with you, I like people to express their oppinion and specially if they read my blog. By the way, Madrid is full of "fachas" please don´t treat me like one of them, I have enough with the demonstrations they do sometimes, with the old Spanish flag, the one with the Franco´s eagle, and with the right hand to the sky, as the bloody SS, bolds. Sometimes they dress like Pedro J., blue shirts, cardigans, and of course the Lacoste crocodile.

I went to see (I mean see, not participate) the anti-terrorism demonstration they made when ZP said they´ll talk with ETA, and I couldn´t believe that kind of people still existed. I had a better time on Carlinhos Brown´s.

Cheers and farewell.

Manoel.