Monday, November 14, 2005

Just another post.

Hello bloggers.

The reason why I hadn´t posted anything on the last week is because nothing really interesting or funny had happened. Well, some things happened, like one of my flat mates is leaving the house. I also bought a TDT receiver card, in fact I bought two. last saturday I went to mediamark, an electronics shop just to see. Or at least that was my intention. But sometimes I can´t control myself and so I bought a USB TDT receiver. The TV signal on my bedroom is far from good, that´s why If I bought a TDT card I could receive TV signals with the best quality with my dodgie antena. The problem was the card was broken on a few days, so I went back to the shop on friday to take it back buying another one (I mean I didn´t buy the same brand, I bought a different (and much better) one). When I gave the box with the card to the shop assistant she opened it and checked there was everything there. She said it was Ok and gave me back my money. When I came back home I noticed I´d forgotten the remote at home. If anybody needs a Pinnacle 60e Remote Control I have one and no use for it.

As you know I´m working at Repsol IT office at trescantos. It means 45 minutes from home, using tube for 5 min. and then the train. It doesn´t sound horrible, except for today I needed almost 2 hours to get to trescantos. It seems there´s an unofficial strike of train drivers. Although the official one they had two weeks ago was finished, they´re still moving on. So the morning train was missing and I had to wait 30 minutes on the station. Then it came, and of course it was crowded with all the people who couldn´t catch the missing one and the people who normally uses next. But it wasn´t all that happened, after 20 minutes the train stopped on a station and the lights got off, it seemed the engine was stopped, at least I couldn´t hear it. After a while it started again, and began to move. The driver announced the train will stop at trescantos and nothing more, lucky me. I feel sorry for the people who wanted to go to colmenar as they´d had a bigger delay than I did.

After that I read the free newspaper they give you at stations, we have some in Madrid. It´s like at London, except nobody leaves it on the trains, wich means if you can´t pick it on the station there´s no other chance. I´m not sure if it´s rude or not to leave newspapers on the trains, as it might be considered as trash, but I remember picking it from the seat and being happy for somebody to have been dirty.

Anyway, I read on it that train drivers are using tricks to be on strike. They aren´t supposed to be, but they get late to the trains or even say they can´t start moving the train because there´s first aid boxes missing, or they have mechanical problems. The joke is the company believes the boxes are dissapearing as soon as they put them on their places, so it seems drivers are stealing them to have an excuse not to start moving the trains. Funny, isn´t it?

Well, I´ll continue the story, and I´m sure I´ll have some new train tales to tell you soon.

Cheers and farewell.

Manoel.

PS: Have you notices I put a banner with the weather near my house? I´m not sure you´ll like it, but then I can see my local weather just checking my own blog.

No comments: