Friday, September 03, 2004

The last month

Sorry for being late. But I have an exam next Monday and it might be the LAST one. I'm studying a lot and I don't really have time to even relax.

Yesterday was the 2nd oc September, and for those who don't know what that means I'll tell you that I leave on the 2nd of October. So that means yesterday started my last month in Spain.

As I was walking on the street, in one of my little walks with wich I award myself for a long studying day, and I was wondering and dreaming about my last month here. I found it really interesting to say goodbye to the "marulos". So I started to see things with a different point of views, more like if I was a tourist. I walked on the same streets I've been walking for 27 years but, this time, with a different sight. I found it really nice and I enjoyed a lot those little walks. I saw all the tourist, this town is really crowded with tourists, walking on the main street, shouting if they were Spaniards or just wondering if they were foreigners.

I tell you it's easy to differenciate what kind of tourists they are, and not only because of the clothes they're wearing. If they are Spaniards they look at everything like if they weren't from the same country, but of course it's really easy to see they're. They came from a different town not really far away from here, but as they see we speak with a different accent and our shops are slightly different they believe we are just yokels and they're sofisticated city fashion people. So they have this kind of sight of "look at those poor little rustics". They look at all the old buildings and talk, and talk, and talk. There's always a guide telling them about the buildings, but don't trust them to listen really. They just walk in big groups not letting anybody to pass throug them. If you find them better to walk to the next street and never try to pass through.

I'll speak about something interesting my friend Faye noticed. When you walk on the street and somebody comes opposite in front on you, he'll never move a finger to let you pass, so you have to move not to crash on him. After she told me that, and after she made some experiments like not moving when she finds herself on that kind of situation, she realized (as she told me) that they'll preffer to crash than to be moved from their way and, of course, there's no "sorry" from them (neither from Faye). So I had to check myself this and I did. It's absolutely true. As I said before, don't expect big groups of Spanish tourist to move.

Anyway. It's less than a month (a day) and I'm really excited and happy to leave this country. I love it, I won't say I don't, but I'm really bored of the same thing day after day. My critic eye is impaciently waiting to be trained in new cultures. So after critizising Spaniards I can't wait to do the same with you English. Don't expect me to be really good, unless you're so, so good I can't do it (I don't believe that could happen, anyway).

I'll write later telling you how it was my exam. In fact I might tell you about Spanish universities.

Have a really nice time.

No comments: