Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Some Corrections

Well, I have really good news, specially for myself. As a consequence of those good news I should make some corrections or, at least, say something good about my university.

Yesterday I received the mark of my last exam and I passed it!!! So now I have a degree!!

As you guess if you've read my last post the corrections I have to make are related to what I said. It's not that UNED is not bad but it's just to say that the departament of maths in UNED do work properly. The teacher was very, very nice with me, and they corrected the exams in just one day. So they aren't really lazy clerks. Apart from that they had corrected my exam and making me pass it, so I'm happy about them. I still say UNED is full of lazy bastards but not those from maths.

Anyway, is just one week and some days for the DAY. I'm excited and nervous. Everything is almost prepared except my suitcase that is waiting for me (and my mum) to fill it with clothes and some other stuff. Of course it'll be full of warm clothes as I've been said England is quite cold and wet. Galicia is almost the same but only in winter. I'll also bring some computer stuff (my portable HD) and music CDs (MP3 mostly). I'm a bit afraid of what is waiting for me there in the City. I'm sure I'll love it, at least for some time but I can still move again in the future to a less big place (I was told Dublin is really good for IT employment).

From recent conversations with Spaniards, they all said they don't really like English people, I guess they have a wrong idea of them. But if you ask them about any other nacionalities they'll always answer the same thing, they don't like them. So as everybody who is not a Spaniard is dirty, without any taste for food, strange, grumpy and without any taste for almost anything. So I believe Spain should be considered as the best country to live in. As I know some English, Americans, Kiwis, Irish, Scotish, French, etc.. I should say I don't agree with my fellow Spaniards. I like them (except for some exceptions) and I just think the world is full of bad, dirty and grumpy people and with nice, clean and good humoured as well, it doesn't depend on the country you're from the fact that you're a good or bad person. It's true that we are all different but only in habits and as I've known really nice English I believe I'll like them, but of course I'm prepared to meet some bastards, as I did here. I don't like to generalize except when I'm joking.

My fellow blogger Colin and some other people who read this brief story of myself are impatient to read what I'll said about England. They're afraid I'll be softer with them but of course they are wrong. I promise I'll be as cinic, bad, critic as ever. That's one side of my brain that I really enjoy, to be critic. And of course I'll find some things to be bad comenting them. The only thing I'm afraid of is not to write as much as here, and it's because I don't really know the availability of internet connection I'll have. So just be pacient.

Well, thanks for your interest in this first posts of my blog about Spain. I hope the second part will be as interesting and funny as the first. I'll write another post the day before unless I lose my internet connection. Just to say goodbye, you know.

Have a wonderful day, week, or year.

Manoel, or better to say Graduated Manoel, or even better Technical Engineer in IT Manoel.

No comments: