Sunday, September 18, 2005

Just thoughts

Hello fellow readers.

I'm enjoying a bit of rest at my home at Madrid. It´s a strange feeling as for some moments I didn´t feel like at home. On the last month I´ve been travelling, and I didn´t spend a weekend on the same place since today. I mean, I´ve spent my last weekends at London, Bournemouth, Pontevedra and now Madrid. So it´s the first time I´m repeating a weekend. I´m enjoying it, as much as I can.

I had some problems, they´re related to my job and bosses. Buty that´s something I´ll leave for the future if you excuse me. I just don´t want to talk about it right now. I´ll tell you I found out how bad could be the people want they want to be succesful and you´re in the middle.

For the last few days I´ve been thinking about flights. In the past I didn´t have enough experience to talk about it, but now I do have. Let´s say the flight to London from Madrid is an hour and a half, but why on the earth do we need to spend another 2 hours just waiting? We have to go to the airport and hour before, so we can collect our tickets, then we´ll have to wait another 30 minutes or even an hour to really get into the plane. Then We´ll have to wait because some son of a ... is late. Then as they were late we´ll have to wait another 20 min. as we lost our taxi position. Finally we leave the airport.

But that´s not the end of the story. At the moment the plane touches the ground, we wait ´till it gets to the parking area. Then we wait for the doors to be opened and we leave it. We walk to the luggage area. Then we wait again. As the belt starts moving we get beside it and look for the coming of our suitcase. I might be unlucky, but mine is always the last one to appear.

The meaning of all of these is I spent more then 5 hours on a trip that really just took an hour and a half. I don´t see the point of that.

Why can´t we just get beside the luggage door of the plain to get our own suitcases? Why do we have to wait for some lazy bas... to get to the gate on time? I´ll understand if the plane leaves the airport without me if I´m late, it´ll be painful but I won´t complain. I didn´t have any bad experience about them losing my luggage, but I just wonder how bad could it get.

I also saw the luggage carriers treating suitcases. I was on the Madrid airport and I had to travel by bus around it. I saw them unloading the trucks and watched how carefully they treated the luggage (I´m being sarcastic, you know).

Well, I´ll leave you now, as I have to go bed. I know it´s early, but I have to be up at 4:45. My plane leaves ar 7 and I don´t want to be late.

Cheers.

Manoel.

No comments: