Tuesday, September 13, 2005

On the Road

Hi bloggers.

Sometimes my life is a bit like the Kerouak's book. I mean I travel to different places, meeting strange people. There's some differences, because mostly I travel by train or plane, but it doesn't matter. Those last weeks I had different experiences with different people.

I met a guy half indian half pakistani. He was my taxi driver from London Heathrow to Milton Keynes two weeks ago (The one who was late). He was really nice and friendly and we chatted all the time. He told me about the problems with Cachemira, and the way his parents acted, considering they were from pakistan and india. He also told me about his religion (muslim) and the way he liked to live it. He was a nice chap and he gave me a good trip. Thanks to him.

I also met those koreans I told you a few blogs ahead. They were really nice, friendly and funny.

I met the hooligan, although I'd rather preffer not to have met him "feel my arm".

I also met some other Indians, but those weren't that nice as the taxi driver.

There also is the Jamaican security officer, friendly, amazingly funny and always happy. It's good to start the day with a laugh.

Some Spaniards I also liked, although they aren't something new to me. But I made some friends like Inaki, Alberto and others. I spend a lot of time with them, and we have pints togheter.

Yesterday we went to the pub in front of our hotel (at London). Alberto and another spanish chap were waiting for Inaki and I. When we arrived we saw them siting with another guy who looked totally English. Well, I wasn't exactly right, but he was Irish. They told us in Spanish he came and sit beside them and started to talk. So we joined them. The Irish was quite drunk, and he was mental, altough he was well dressed and didn't look a bad guy at all, except for his drunkness and the fact he didn't stop talking any second. We had a good time with him, but I could guess from my friends faces they were laughing a bit at him, not on a really bad way, you know.

Well, I'm supposed to be working at the moment. Hope I'll write again soon, I'll be at Madrid this weekend, I need to care of my little fishes and my bedroom. I'll write from there.

Farewell.

Manoel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manoel,

The Irish don't need to be drunk to talk non-stop. They all have what's known as 'the gift of the gab'.

To gab/gabble = farfullar

El don de farfullar???

No. Just looked it up - El don de palabra