Friday, June 24, 2005

The Samba dancing.

Hi Bloggers.

First of all I apologize not to have written that much last week. The fact is I was ill, or at least ill enough not to have the energy and will to do it, althoug I went to work (I shouldn't, but I'm stupid).

My illness had a reason (well, I'm still a bit ill, coughing). I've been dancing Samba the whole Saturday afternoon, and also it was hot, and I was wet. My body is still not used to summer, and with all the sweating and water pured by fireman I had last saturday, and after receiving a bit of air, it's not strange I got a cold.

We had a lot of things to do last saturday. We could chose between two demonstrations and also a big Brassilian Carnival. The first demonstration was against the gay marriage, altough they wanted us to believe it was in favour of family, the fact was that it was mostly convoqued by catholic priests, catholic associations, and any kind of conservative association and/or individuals. If you have read a bit about our last goberment new laws, you should know about the permission they gave for homosexual couples to get married. That made the conservatives really angry. But I'm not going to speak about that, I have my own oppinion and as always it's on the middle of both, I'm not an extremist. I'll just tell you I believe this country is not yet prepared to such a change, we don't live at Switzerland or Holland.

The second one was convoqued by homosexual associations, so you can guess what it was about.

And the third option was a kind of a brassilian carnival. Carlinhos Brown, a good brassilian musician and also good person (he made a lot of good things for Brasil and his quarter at Bahia, the "barrio de candeal"), is at Spain, he's being payed by Telefonica Movistar (a mobile and phone company) for making kind of a Samba party at different cities in Spain. He comes with three lorries, full of musicians and dancers. So they ride on a long street (ramblas at Barcelona, Castellana at Madrid) playing Samba while the people dances, or at least they should dance.

So my choice was the third one. Though the second demonstration was cancelled at last, but they joined the lorries and us. So finally it was a full party with dancers of any kind and sexual option, wich it make it better, in fact.

The first hour was amzingly horrible. I believed Brassilians were at least better than Spaniards with timing, but they aren't. The party was scheduled for about 7pm. The Castilla square was crowded, so full of people it was almost impossible to move. We had to wait for the musicians to come to start partying, but they were late. And not only late, but horribly planed. They came in between the crowd, instead of coming with their cars and buses using less crowded streets they made the people move (and also smashing) to pass. Well, at that time we were exhausted, bored and tired (my flatmates came also). So we decided to go home, but it was then when it started and as soon as the lorries began to move and the street to get wider the crowd was less a crowd. So we could manage to dance and enjoy. And so we did.

I'm a bit angry with the world in general and with Spaniards in particular. There were some cheeky bastards who didn't care to push you to go to the head. They might believe we don't want to be as close as we can to the main lorry with Carlinhos Brown. But we do as they do. Some of them came wearing Brassilian T-shirts and flags, so it was like as they were brassilians they deserved to be in front. But not only they don't deserve it but also Brasilians my ass!! I bet they were just cheeky spaniards. People don't mind on pushing you, smashing you, stepping over you and kill you just to have a better look at a famous. I don't give a damm shit, but at least don't put your bloody feet over mine, please.

Anyway I had such a good afternoon, I'll remember it for a long time. I danced and danced 'till I couldn't dance anymore. But I had my punishment and I had a horrible week without any sleep at all, fever and an annoying cough. I feel better now.

Farewell and see you soon. I'm sure I'll have a lot of things to tell you.

Manoel.

PS: I told the "Fat Bastard" about the blog. I don't know if he'll read it. I might say I got used to him, and finally he's one of my best friends at my job. I'm not writing this in case he reads it, I promise, but at least he makes me laugh with his nonsenses and jokes, and also he seems to be a good guy after all.

No comments: