Saturday, June 11, 2005

So Hot!!

Hi bloggers.

If you had read my previous post you might think I'm getting hotter, and you're right, but not in the way your perverted minds believe (ha ha).

The fact is it's so hot. At the time I'm writting this it's 28ÂșC in my bedroom, and that's with the fan on. This last week has been terribel for me and all those who live at Madrid. It's hot, and there's nothing you can do unless you spend a lot of money on an air conditioner, wich I can't use because I get terribly sick.

And also I have to wear a suit!!!!

I nearly slept a few hours a day for the last 5 days (today it's saturday, so I slept quite a lot). It was because I can't bare heat. I'm sure you know the feeling (except those who live at England, I know it was even cold last week there). You try to sleep, but your sweating, you're bathed in sweat. You move, you try one side, then the other. After a while you take out the cover, and even the sheets, and then, finally, after 2 hours you manage to sleep. But unfortunatly you're bare over your bed, and your body gets colder, so you wake up with cold. Then it starts again, except for me it was then, when I got slept again, when my bloody mobile phone started ringing telling me it was time to go to work. Thank's Nokia!!!

My personal nightmare for the last days started then. I had a shower, wich I really needed (apart from all the sweat and the stinking), my coffe, and finally I left home. It was still hot on the street but bareable. That's when I reached the tube station. They have air conditioners, but it seems the tunnels are so huge that the air get's lost and hot very soon. So it's even hotter inside the tube, and also the bus (I have to use both).When I got to my working place I realized the air conditioner wasn't on, so it was hot. But it was a matter of time. When you're feeling better because you get used to the heat, they turn it on, but with so much power I started to cough and being cold.

Spending the whole day with air conditioners is horrible. My throat gets completly dry and I can't breath properly (I might be allergic to it). But again, after a while (a long time for me) you get used. But that's when I had to leave again. With the nice feeling of going home, but with the sun over me laughing and making jokes about my suit, he can be a bit of a bastard some times.

As you see it's a bad time to come to Madrid at summer. You can't do anything except going to a swimming pool, but they're so crowded that it's not that nice. Unless you like watching bikini girls and almost naked men.

I wonder what it will be on the summer, when the sun comes nearer and it's still hotter.

Farewell and see you soon (unless I get melted down)

Manoel.

No comments: