Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Cheating 2

As a result of a comment I decided to explain the reason why I had included "cheating" in my own definition of a Spaniard. But I believe he's still not convinced. I'll give you some more examples of Spanish cheating, so I guess it'll be clearer.

My friend Colin (he's the unbeliever) had just reciently posted one good example but it seems he doesn't really believe lying is that serious. It was this "importers of German cars were found to have been turning the clocks back by many thousands of kilometres" you can read it better in his blog. So that's a good one.

But now I have some more for all of you. One of the most common cheats in Spain is when the time to pay taxes comes. A Spaniard will do the best they can to pay less. So they will say they have nothing, or they probably have put the name of their wives for expensive houses, cars, bussiness, so they can pay less. That's only for the richests, but the rest of us would just lie a bit. It's really common for the companies to put less money in the contract than the real salary and pay the rest of it in "black money" so they'll pay less taxes as well as the employee, the bad side of this is that it also means they would pay less money to the social security, this won't be bad if you work there forever, but if finally they fire you you will receive less money from the government.

Talking about subsidies, it's completely normal that some people would receive money from the government and work at the same time without a contract. As a result our desemplyment numbers are a complete fake. And even some of them won't accept a job just because it's more comfortable to receive money for watching TV and sleeping. In fact, in this subject I would say that I guess we are the only country in wich we have a large number of desemployees and a lack of employees for some kind of jobs (the same ones the third world inmigrants accepts).

Talking about jobs, I heard recently on TV that 80% of the youngs were lying in their CVs. They said they can speak a language (most of the cases English) when thay can't say more than "jelo" (that's how Spaniards spell it), or just write a really large list of software they can use when they never had touched a computer, they invented courses they've never been, and so on. The interviewed interviewer said "that's just normal, we all now that, so we wait for the interview to check it".

I can't speak about governemnt lies because I would never stop, and I guess that's inherited to all governments.

Repeating the same sentence with a different object "I can't speak about women lies,...".

And to finish this time. Something my friend Colin knows. Recently the number of parcially disableds had been increased noticeably. That's just because the Spaniards had just realized they'll pay much less taxes if they have more than a 35% of it. I had two examples at home. I won't say they don't really deserve to pay less taxes, but, on the other side, I believe this is just unfair. That money could be used to change the streets so they would be less dangerous to disableds.

Anyway, I hope I would find more examples about it.

No comments: