Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Some thoughts

Everyday is one step closer to my departure. Now I'm less than 3 months to leave, and, perhaps 'cause I'm bored, I start to think about English. Are we so different?

     A year and a half before I met an English, and after that his daughter and then his dog. I enjoyed these people, I had really good times with them, and now I believe they're my friends. In fact I have a really special relation with them (and I love that Dog). So I started to met english people through them. So now I can say that I know at least a little of British personality.


Figthing with British Behaviours

     The first thing I noticed is their different atitude towards spanish behaviours. They enjoy really to notice those small things that make us different (at least the English I met). They like to speak about our behaviours in almost everything. For instance, they noticed our time behaviours. We're always late, and they say it's because we love to speak, so if we have a date at 8 and we met somebody in the street we'll inevitable stop to speak to them although we'll be late. I could say that's wrong, but really it's true. But I'm not going to speak about us, that's the matter of another weblog, particuraly the blog of that friend of mine, called Colin


     So, let's speak about them. I'll speak more about this question when I had lived some time in London, but let's say a bit now. Something I found particuraly interesting was anything related to food. First of all eating timetable. We do a breakfast (exactly when we wake up), lunch (between 1pm and 4pm) and dinner (after 8,9om), but meanwhile we normally eat in between. But all those meals are sacred. But English as well as on driving are different, where's the lunch???, How can you have a dinner before 8pm and not be just a starting before it??? I love eating, and I'm not sure if I'll survive without food in my stomach at midday.

     Working, we don't really like it. For us a job it's the time when we're not at a party, or speaking, and, if you work as a clerk, it's the time for coffee and reading newspaper. But it seems that English really love to work, or at least, they take it seriously. I´m also afraid of that.

     Going out. 2am in the morning it´s not a nice time to go home, the sky is still dark. It migth be a myth, but, as far as I know, it´s not. But meanwhile we begin the party after 10pm (sometimes later, even at 2am) they do it at 7pm. Then we finish at (who knows) and it seems that as I said before they normally end it at 2am, toooooo early for a spaniard. My friends are still having siesta at 7pm. Well, I´m not afraid of that, because as I´ll be working all day and I´ll have to wake up really early, I believe I´ll be really tired to go out as if I was in Spain. But there´s something I like, I love beer, and somebody told me that drinks are expensive in England except beer, so that´s something I´ll love.


     I´m finishing now. This is just an introduction ´cause I think I´ll write more about British. Siya folks.

Theremon

No comments: