Sunday, July 18, 2004

Visions from the Future



Now it's just a 2 & 1/2 months for my leaving.

I wonder what I'll find, but there's something I'm sure of it, I'll met people, interesting people, not the same old spanish rubbish (I don't mean they are rubbish really). Am I excited? Yes, of course. Am I anxious? how can I tell you. Dreams came to me, really nice dreams, but reality is always better than fantasy.

Anyway. I got my Mobile Phone Card today (it's a "Pay as you Go" card), so I can be called from England now. Why did I ask for it? I thought it would be good if I can make some calls from there without looking for a Telephone cabinet and be called by my mom when I reach there (I love my mom, and my other relatives too). Apart from that I thought I could include my English Mobile Number on my CV so, as I'm going to send my CV before I leave, I can be called even from my first day in England from Job Agencies or whatever they're called. At first I was amazed that it's juice was only 1 pound and I even thought it was mean. But, after comparing to spanish standards, I realized that although in Spain they offer 6€(+/- 4 pounds) we have to pay more for the card, and it's not that easy to get one.I mean I paid 15 pounds for the card while in Spain I would have paid +/- 22. So finally I realized it's not that expensive, in fact, it's more expensive here although you get more juice.

Anyway. I'm really happy to have my card, but I have to put some money on it, I guess 1 pound it's not enough (even when my spanish mobile card has just 15p, but I don't normally call anybody with the mobile).

I want to add, just to finish this post, that I made it for my friends and actually for anybody that want's to read some nonsense in a strange language (even for the English Speakers), so my hope is that this stupid blog could be interesting to somebody and I wish I could put a smile on somebodies face).

P.S: Mr. Colin Davies told me that the title was incorrect and, of course it is, But that's just another joke so, as "an" Spaniard, my knowledge of the English language should be limited. I hope anybody else can get the joke ;-)

No comments: