Wednesday, July 14, 2004

CV Writing

Well. I'm writing my CV. If I'm honest I started to write it more than a month before. It wasn't the first time that I wrote one, but I was never that interested in selling myself. I mean that I never was such a perfectionist.

I've done more than one CV, but then I didn't have any advice, not of any kind, even the smallest advice. But now I got that advice. So, I couldn't imaginate how difficult it was to be sold. Everything is important, even the most stupid verb you use. It's not the same to say that you've done something than to say that you "Improved the ..." whatever. So the searching of the right words, the perfect way to say things that I normally would explain with just a few words like "I've done a Weblog" has to be said in the most pompous way possible.

I'll add a line to my CV. I'll never want to be a CV reader. They're so boring, such a mess of lies. But anyway, I have to do it.

And what about the first statement. What can I say about myself that could make a difference. If look through my own personality I could say such a lot of things. But you have to fix them into a sentence without saying too many. How can I condense a sort of feelings, wishes in just a paragraph, and worst, How can I say them without being arrogant. It's not right to say "I want to be a programmer" because we are more than 12 year old.

I guess if we're not going to far. We're not products, we're not things, we're human beings. But the world is not perfect, I already knew that. So, I guess I have to sell myself.

PSS: Who wants to buy me (I should say rent me, that's better)

No comments: