Saturday, July 16, 2005

Again An Spaniard in UK???


Hi fellows.

You might have noticed I'm not of the kind who can be stucked on the same job, task, place or whatever for a long time. In fact, I don't really like to do the same thing again and again, I soon get bored and tired. And also I'm sure you noticed on the last posts I'm not really happy on my job.


When something goes good, it could always turn into better.

An Optimistic
But it could also turn into crap

His negative friend

I decided to send some CVs last weeks, just for trying to see what would happen. What happened was I was answered really soon by all of them (they were three companies) and had 2 interviews during the week and a phone call. As I wasn't very lucky at my town when I looked for a job, this time it was the opposite. I got good answers and, in fact, I have a new job, better payed and more exciting.

In fact, I have an opportunity (it's just a possibility between another 3) of having the best jobh I could have (except on terms of money, it's good, but it could be much better. I don't ask for much, anyway). But I'll explain how the interview went.

I've got the feeling of me being the one who chosed. I mean, they were like it was my deccision not theirs from the very first call. That's a nice feeling, to feel appreciated because of your knowledge. I was asked to wait for a phone call to tell me the deccision (wich they had already made) and I thought it would take some time. But next day I received it. They told me about the money and I could even ask for more. They said yes to the amount I asked for.

But the best thing about my new job it's that possibility I told you before. I could work at London!!! and also being payed for everything, even have an extra amount of money. I'd go on Monday by plane and return on thrusday or friday each week. Also, if I decide to stay at London for the weekend they'd pay me the hotel to stay. So it's just wonderful, unbelibeable, but it's just a possiliblity, it's not for sure, even when I feel like I deserved it and it's just going to happen, I want to be realistic and not too optimistic, in case it doesn't happen finally.

I think it's time for me to be lucky, and this time so lucky I'm afraid it won't happen, I'm sorry for being pesimistic, I hope you understand why.

On Monday I'll go to my now old company to tell them I quit. Then I'll go to my old working place to say goodbye to my partners. I'll feel sad for some of them, as I enjoyed their company, I won't play chess anymore, at least not with the same guy, sorry mate. I'll even miss the "fat bastard" as I got used to his jokes, he's a good guy apart for his sick and perverted mind (I type that in case he's reading the post, although I think he won't), I'll miss Josito and Eva, Oscar, Calde, Chema, and my old partners of the other department, there were plenty of Carmen there so I just type one, and also enrique alas "skizo", Carlos, both Pablo's and Conchi. But I feel happy I'll start a new job, being less worried about the money and also with the excitment of something new. I'l also have some holiday weeks to enjoy myself and get energy to start again. I'll see my family, my town, I'll go to the beach and visit my friends. I have a lot of things to tell them.

As always I'll mantain you well informed about everything that happens to me, but I hope on a few weeks this blog would be again about "An Spaniard in UK".

Cheers and farewell.

Manoel.

No comments: