Friday, July 22, 2005

Epilogue, but continuation

Hi Bloggers.

It's made, it's finished, my relation with my old company. I still belong to them 'till the end of the month, but I'm on holidays so I won't go to work for them anymore (or at least on the next months, you never know). I went to work on Monday with the idea of talking with the human resources guy of my new company. I talked to him and he assured me I'd signed a contract with them through email. I checked that and it was true. So I decided to take the next step and I called my team manager. I asked him to see him so I left the SCH city and went to the meeting.

He was surpised to see me and, believe me, I loved the face he got when I told him I was leaving. We went togheter to his office to have a chat, I didn't want to but in some ways it was a chance of loosing time and not going back to work (I'm not lazy, you know, but I didn't want to travel again, it's 1:30 hours to reach the SCH city).

Then he asked me so many things and we talked for long. He asked the name of my new company, wich is totally wrong, he shouldn't. I was unconfortable with the question and I made a mistake, I told him I didn't remember the name, wich was totally stupid, and a total lie he could easily guess, and so he did. He didn't understand why I didn't want to answer the question, it wasn't really kind of him. Then he told me it was a pity I was leaving because they were really happy with me. He told me everybody thinks I'm a very good proffesional (in his own words, wich I liked) and a serious guy. Then he told me I could have gone to England with them, but without a salary increment. So what's the point I thought on telling me that stuff without making a counter offer. It was like him wanting me to feel guilty, and he spoke a lot, and he was near to convince me I was doing wrong. My will step over all that and I signed my resinging.

The next thing to do was telling him about spending all my holidays instead of going to work. He agreed with that, but, I told him I was going to work next day because I didn't want to left anything unfinished. He asked me if I was willing to go to work all the week if it was needed and I said yes, of course. So he told me he was going to speak with my boss and he'll tell me next day.

So I left, happy and tired of travelling. With my sign posted on a paper saying I left that bloody company.

Next day I had to face my boss at SCH and tell him I was leaving (I have a boss on the city and a bigger one on the companies office). Of course he already knew it because he had spoken with my other boss. Unfortutnaly he told me I had to work the rest of the week if I was willing (It was stupid to say, I didn't want to work, but I had to).

You know I didn't have much work on the past, but this week I had as much as the last 4 months togheter, but I managed to finish everything. Then on wednesday I almost had everything finished and I asked if I could leave on thursday, they agreed, they didn't have enough courage to push me to work on friday.

So yesterday I went for the last time to the SCH city (it could be it wasn't the last time, who knows the future). I bought two chocolate boxes as it's kind of a tradition to invite your colleages on your last day. I was surprise about how much they apreciated me, I didn't know. They were really happy for myself (except my boss) and they wished me a very good future althoug they were sure I'll have it. Some of them even told me I deserved a better job and salary. Some of them were a bit jealous about the going to england (wich is just still a possibility). But all of them were inmensely happy about me, it made me feel good, but a bit sad, I'll miss some of them.

Now I'm on holidays, havign a good time and waiting to go back to Pontevedra for a week to see my family and friends. I'll go on a plane this time, lucky me. I'll go to the beach also and to see Ryan the dog and my cat. I'll see the sea wich I really miss and visit a lot of people, so I hope I won't have time to be bored.

Well, I leave now. My best wishes and farewell to my old colleages. Also my love for England, and specially London, they are having a bad time. I hope I'll be there, I'm not afraid about the terrorist, specially because that's what they want and I don't obbey orders if I don't like them.

Cheers and farewell.

Manoel.

No comments: