Wednesday, May 04, 2005

How to ruin an American company

Hi bloggers.

I'm just back from having a couple of pints at a nice bar, it's called J&Js and you can speak english there, with Spaniards and also foreigners. I'm glad that I went. I had some chatting and made some new friends. And I also really needed it.

I want to explain about the blog's title. It's just as simple as this "put spaniards in front of the American spanish branch of the company and it will turn inmediatly into unefficient crap". I couldn't have had a worst day. I spent the day doing nothing, I mean nothing valuable for the company, but it wasn't my fault. I spent the whole day looking at the screen and trying to hack the system to get internet, wich I almost did, I finally got some internet, but unfortunatly i couldn't get access to my blog, so don't expect me to write more than I do.

You know, or you should know if it's not the first time you read me, that I'm being moved to another department. The problem is, I still don't have my own computer at both departments, so I can't really move to the new one. I talked to my new "boss" and he told me not to expect to have one on the next 20 days, wich I belive it's going to be more than that. Then, I talked to my old boss, but still my boss, or at least that's what I think, although I'm not too sure about it, and she told me she preffer me to be working there. The problem is my "old" job mates don't want to give me new jobs, because I won't finish them if I leave. I believe I'll spend the whole month doing more hacking and writing (I also spend some time writing stuf for my own self, just silly crap I'm afraid).

But also, and this means going back in the past, I'm considered as the best of all the people that made the course with me, and those aren't my own words, that's according to the teacher, my mega boss, my boss and all my course mates, so it's nothing I just made off, I promise. But all of them, including my flat mate Marivi are working, and I mean really working. Just take it like this: you have a really good programmer and another 5, and you have to decide where should they work at; then you take the laziest of them and you give them something to do, wich they don't because they're lazy, you know; then you choose the best of them to be at the worst place, doing nothing; and if you're not happy enough with it, let's just say my company recieves money for all of them (I mean, we work with another companies who pay my own company three or more times the same money we receive) except for the best of them. I believe that's just unbelievable. The other companies pays for the lazy guys but the BSCH (the bank I work for) pays nothing for me? and that's because I don't have a computer, meaning I'm not working at all, well, I really do work, and I'm sure I did more than my other course mates, because I'm damm fast (I promise I'm not being arrogant), but they don't pay for my work.

There's also another problem wich I expect it won't affect me. My company is losing money at Spain, it's not hard to belive. And they're going to fire some people. They decided to fire the ones that earn more money, wich means more expenses for the company. And also, being at Spain I'm sure they are going to fire the ones whom the bosses don't like even if they're good at their jobs. But I'm afraid they might fire me. There's just one simple reason for them doing it, my company spends a lot of money on me but they don't earn anything at all. For instance, my flat mate MarivĂ­ earns 1000 euros a month, but they earn 3 or 4 times that quantity, meanwhile for myself they spend 1160 euros a month without any earnings (we don't really receive that much, we have to pay taxes, bloody taxes). That's what I'm afraid of, they might lose a good programmer just because a bad deccision (sorry for being arrogant once more, but it's just the truth).

I hope it won't be true, and I still be here, earning money, trying to make the company better (as none of my working mates wants to be a boss, I really want to, at least I believe I'll make things a bit better, I mean, less spanish). I might tell you sometjing else before I leave, I'm not sure I had told you before but, they had a meeting at Paris, the entire company. People came from all over the world, Norht and South America, England, East Europe, Russia, Japan, ... and they had a conference. It was on english, I should take it for granted. But the spaniards couldn't get a word of it, and also the translators on headphones seemed to be boring, so they decided to leave the conference, in wich the BIG BOSS was talking about the new company strategy (something I belive vital for the company's future), and they went to have some fun at the DisneyLand resort or just having a short walk at Paris. The company payed a lot just for hiring an entire hotel for the whole company bosses but the Spaniards thought better to have some fun. And they don't regret it, they didn't have any remorse about it.

That's just another example of us, Spaniards. Sometimes i'm ashamed of being one of them, I'm really sorry for it.

Well, I hope next time I'll tell you some good news, I'm sure I will.

Farewell (I'm falling in love with that word).

Manoel

No comments: