Monday, May 09, 2005

Weirdos from Madrid

Hi blog readers.

As I don't want to bore you with more office stories (I'm afraid you might like them) but this time I want to talk about freaks.

Living on a big city means meeting a lot of people. I told you more than once how much I enjoy waatching people, everywhere. The tube is a good opportunity to practice this hobby, and also the bus. So I have a few freaks wich I would like to talk about.

I'l start with the one I call Gollum, or Smeagol. I decided to call him both. If you had seen the Lord of The Rings movies you will understand it better. Gollum has two different personalities, and so he speaks with himself, one of them is Gollum and the other Smeagol, the evil and the good. I met him at the bus, and I travel with him a lot, so I started to know him well. He's as skinny as the proper gollum, and except from not being bald his face asembles a bit of him. But he's not Gollum because he looks like him, he is Gollum because he's two guys at the same time, although I only hear one of them. If you don't know him you might think he's chatting on a hands free mobile, but he's not. He has proper conversations, he talks a lot and about multiple subjects. Today I was beside him, so I could hear the entire conversation, he argues quite a lot, but he's never angry with himself. I heard him saying "no, men, it's not like that" with feeling, and then "well... I'm not sure". And then he asks himself if he likes Salsa dancing, I believed he didn't, but he replied once more "no, I really like it, although I agree bossanova is better". It's funny in some ways, and a bit scary in some others. I believe he's squizofrenic (I'm sorry if I don't spell it right).

Then here we have this other old chap, he's fine. But he always smiles to everybody and sometimes he's rude with the bus driver. He talks to anybody if he has the chance. I was never beside him, so I didn't have to speak with him. I heard him talking about Galicians and he made some mistakes trying to speak like one of us, but it's sweet anyway. He's not really a freak, just a too friendly old chap.

Then, and again on the bus, we have a retard (I'm sorry if I'm not being politicaly right, but I don't know another word for this). He's really sweet with his baseball hat, and his perpetual smile. He gets up a lot loosing his seat, just because he wants to see something. But he spends most of the time sleeping. Sometimes he listens to music and sings. Sometimes he reads a newspaper, wich is really brave, I believe.

So as you see I hadn't a lot of them, I see the same 10 or 20 people everyday, as they go to work at similar time as I do. Some of them are strange, but unfortunatly I don't have so many freaks yet, I'll have some more in the future, I'm sure.

And now, changing subject, I want to tell you a really short story. It's just something that happened to me last saturday when I came back home from going out. It was on a bus, and it was just this really weighty chap that fall complete sleep on me. I really mean on me, or over me. I couldn't really bare him, he was quite heavy. But I didn't want to wake him up, except that I had to leave the bus and I was at the window, so I really had to. I did, but it didn't really matter to him he continued sleeping. But the girl in front of me had a really good time, smiling or laughing at me.

See you soon and farewell again.

Manoel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back on a regular basis. Keep it up!