Monday, May 02, 2005

A Short visit to my old City

Hi folks.

I came back to Pontevedra for a short visit, just a few days. After a long trip on a Bus wich took 8 hours, and after my legs started aching, I arrived and I could notice no changes at all. Well, it was just one month since the last time, but I expected more. The fact is I really miss my old town, but not at all meanings. I miss the green colour and the smell of the sea. I'm just scared about being at Madrid on summer with my suit at the tube. I'm sure that's going to be horrible, but that's life.

I was talking with my friend and fellow blogger Colin about some things and he asked me if I noticed differences between MadrileƱos and Galicians. So I said the MadrileƱos are a bit more "chulos" (Arrogant) but I couldn't say anything else. The fact is I realized we are exactly the same thing, we expect the same things from life, wich is being a civil servant or "funcionario" in my own speak. We just want to have fun in the same way and we're all as closed to foreign cultures/food/... as them. Of course the possibility of finding somebody whom is open at Madrid is higher than here, and of course as we live on a very small town, we're less open minded. But after all we are Spaniards, and I believe that's all what makes us being what we are.

Anyway. I'll come back to my office life on Thursday, and I hope I'll learn some more about that subject, so you'll have some more funny stories. I still have to tell you more about the "fat bastard" and some other characters, and also about the money spent by the bank and the idiocy I see there. The BSCH city is not finished yet, so I see them still working on it, and I see how inefficient they are. But that's something I'll tell you another day. I'm still wlking on my town, smelling the sea and hearing the "gaviotas" wich is a bird I don't really like, but that now I see I miss a bit.

Farewell!

Manoel.

No comments: