Tuesday, October 26, 2004

The Capital of Tourism

Hi again.

If there's a city, that I know, in the world with a lot of tourists that's London. I talked in the past about how annoying they can be, especially if they're a crowd of loudy Spaniards or screamy children. Here we have both and also Japanese, Chinese, Americans (even louder than Spaniards), French, and almost every nationality in the entire world. This time I'm not going to talk about Spaniards, in fact they aren't the loudest, this time are Americans (and some times Dutchs). But I'm not also going to talk about Americans, just about tourists.

There's some parts of London where you can find them. Those areas are exactly the ones I wanted to visit. But it's not only tourists what annoyies me, it's also school boys on a visit. If there's some places in wich silent is appreciated those are museums. I wanted to walk either on the British museum, or the Science and Natural History museums, or the National Gallery, anywhere, but sometimes I had to leave the rooms without seeing some of the finest pieces of art/history just because I couldn't stand so many noise. I thought British children were more educated, but they are as uneducated as Spanish children. It must be a question of age, not education, I'm just not sure. But I don't blame them, I blame the teachers who allowed them to run in the mummy hall on the Brit. Mus. Come on! let them rest in peace.

Those mummies where resting in perfectly peace for thousands of years but now they have to bare all those screamings, runnings, playings... I think that's not fair.

On the National Gallery they were quieter, but not as would like them to be. On the science and natural history museums they were even worst than on the British Museum. On those you have science games, so you can imagine them destructivly playing with those poor artifacts designed to entertain and educate but not to encourage violence.

And what about tourists? They weren't that horrible, in fact sometimes I looked like them with my camera. In fact I think I'm the worst of them because I take pictures of almost everything, even on the street, They must believe I'm a Japanese.

Tourists behave better on the museums than Spaniards on their owns, even if they are Spaniards (I mean Spaniards in London). They also have the guided bus sighteen tours in wich they see all London from a Bus (I really preffer walking, you have more time to see things, or not, because on a Bus you have to stop several times as the traffic is not really good here). And they also have a ship on the River Thames, and walking guided tours on the city. I must be a bad guy, but I don't give a shi... about all the info guides gives. I find no interest on knowing that a famous writer I never ever heard about lived in that small horrible house 50 years ago. What I like is walking alone so I can stop to see that building nobody notices but is so pretty, gorgeous. So there I am with my camera to take a picture of it. And also I don't find interesting joking about those poor soldiers at Buckghingham palace, I believe that's a punishment for they bad behaviour in the past, so they have to stand there without moving while a crowd of bloody bastards are telling him jokes in languages he doesn't know. I feel sorry for them, but I took a picture too.

Well. I found something to talk about, and everytime the subject of my posts is different, but it's a question of inspiration.

Kind regards.

Manoel.



No comments: