Tuesday, October 12, 2004

More than a Week

Well, the time has passed. It seems I'll stay here as long as I can. But the money is running out and I still don't have found a job. Apart from that I really need to find somewhere to live, so things are getting worse in some ways but in some others they're getting better.

I'm getting used to the English standards and also I miss less my family. I really like to walk in the city and watch all those marvellous buildings and enjoying the Brits.

It's just you can find almost everything you need.

There's something I forgot to mention on my last post and is that I received my first English smile on a street on Sunday. But I may say it wasn't in London. Althoug today I recieved as well my first London smile. That was nice because I thought Londoniers didn't smile at all, but at least there's one who does smile.

Anyway, I'm just here siting on "my bedroom" thinking about all that. I really like this bloody place.

This week I'm using my sight to look at what the people do on the tube. Some read newspapers, some just stare at nothing, some talk with their fellows and some just sleep. How can you sleep on a washing machine?, I mean the tubes moves like a washing machine, you go up and down, and then left and up and right and it does never stop. Apart from all the noise and the movement, how can anyone could feel safe sleeping on the tube? I'm glad to say tube should be really safe, with no crime at all, if not I know some guys who just had lefted their wallets, suitcases and even clothes.

About newspapers I should say they spoke a lot about Beckham this week and the fact he is playing well again. I might say it was just ONE match but it doesn't really matter for the press so they have their hero back again. That's more or less what they do with Raul in Spain so I'm not really surprised.

I'm still scared of the roads. Althoug I got used to look first to the right instead to the left as it is in my country (I might be wrong, it could be right in England but it's dark and I'm too tired), but if I wasn't used it doesn't really matter because it's painted on the road. So if you don't know wich side to look first you just take a look of the ground to see wich one is it. That's brilliant.

Well, I'm going to sleep now. Cheers for everybody.

Manoel.

PS: Does anybody now how to get a job on IT in this blody city? And does anybody have a cheap spare room to share?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you meet any Spaniards in London? Keep writing. Best of luck!!

P.S. Hang in there!!!!