Thursday, October 14, 2004

From outer space

Hi again.

Living on a different country is not quite easy. Almost everything is different. Things are slower than in Spain if that's possible. Before coming here I had wonderful dreams about it being so different from Spain as it would be a wonderful place to live. I was wrong. As it's really different from Spain, the differences go exactly on the same direction, althoug with different manners.

In Spain is not rude to tell somebody "you are rejected", in fact that's what we expect from them (unless you are a relative of any kind of boss in the office). But here they really polite, so they don't doubt on telling you "the IT market has been stopped for a long time, there's no jobs on IT" either if it's true or not. I don't really know the answer of that question, but I really know I sent hundreds of CVs with no answer. After calling them to ask if they had recieved my CV the answer was always the same "NO, send it again". As my especiality is IT I know that's not true. It might have been they deleted accidentaly (or on purpose) my CV, or they just don't have enough time to look at all the CVs they receive everyday.

So the fact is that I haven't received any nice answer from them, just only bad news. That's not funny, I believe.

So now I'm here, with not only no job but with the idea of being impossible to find a job. And if that's not enough I still don't have a house. But that's something I could fix.

So I'm a bit annoyed about English behaviours. I'm sorry not to be funny this time, but it seems life is not as easy as we normally believe.

Anyway, I'll try to stay here 'till my bank account says "empty" or 'till my mind and/or my body says "STOP". There's some things I really like from being here. Especially the loooong walks I'm having.

Next weekend I'll be in Manchester. I hope people is different there, warmer and nicer. And I also hope I can find a job there, a house, or even a life (Could I say a girlfriend too???, joking, more or less).

Ok then, cheers from London.

Manoel.

PS: I hope next time I'll be funnier.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The IT industry in the UK has not faired well over the past couple of years, you may want to try www.thegumtree.co.uk they have a few IT jobs posted on their site most days. Hang in there, if you really want to stay here you may have to set your sites a little lower to start with. It may take months before you find the job you want but if you persist and are ready to make sacrifices and keep a positive frame of mind you'll achieve your goal! Bear in mind your only a 2 hour flight from home, that's how long it takes me to get to and from work each day.
All the best and Good Luck!
Brendan.