Sunday, October 10, 2004

English nightclubs and some apologizes

I received a comment on the last post from an English chav that sounded just a bit offended. I'm really sorry if I offend anybody. I know I can be quite rude an offensive sometimes but my idea is to laugh about ourselves. So what's the point on only telling the good things with really nice words and not telling the not so good things with an ironic tone.

So I'm really sorry if I offended somebody. I'm quite tolerant with everything (well, I have some exceptions of course) and every kind of people, colour, style, religion, ...

Anyway. I had my first English night, well, they were 2 nights in fact. What could I say? The first thing that impresses me is the time. Everybody goes back at home at 1,2 more or less (sometimes more, sometimes less) and they start partying at 19:00. So it's said as they don't have so many time they drink as fast as possible to get drunk. My English friends are really proud of that, they said English drink a lot, and it could be true, but I'm sure it's comparable with Spaniards. As I noticed the quantity of alcohol in the drinks is 3 times less than in Spain. They drinked over 6 or 7 drinks during the night. My friends in Spain drink 10 drinks a night and with three times more alcohol in them. So I bet English don't really drink that much. Of course it was my first weekend and I can't really bet at 100%.

In same ways I felt at home in the disco, except for the music that it seem to be a bit better than in Spain. Of course I need more experience to verify that. And basicaly they do exactly the same as in Spain, drink, dance, talk and pull girls (or boys, of course). That's why I felt at home.

Yesterday we went to Bristol to go out. It's quite a nice town, really beautiful. I could have had a wonderful night but finally it wasn't that good, but that's a story I can't tell, I'm sorry. Anyway, the disco's staff were annoying. They asked everybody for a photo ID but they said it wasn't for aging purposes. What for? that's what I'm asking, I can't really understand what other purposes they could have. Do they really want to check if I'm not Osama Ben Laden? Later I wanted to go and buy some cigarettes outside the pub (of course the machine inside it didn't work) but they didn't aloow me to get in again if I leaved the disco (sorry, it was a disco, not a pub), so if I wanted to get back again I'll have to pay another 4£ to get in. Finally I decided to go and buy them and stay out of the place, what caused me some problems.

Another thing happend at the pub. It was something like one out one in, that literaly means one person leaves the disco, one person enter the disco, but of course that person wasn't any of us althoug we were the very firsts at the queue, VIP I guess. So that made me feel at home as well.

Anyway, I'm stoping now, I think I told you quite a lot of things again. I hope I'll stay here a long time, I don't want to leave my readers without my experiences.

Cheers, and apologizes for the chav.

Manoel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please stay in London a long time, your blog is hilraious man!!! By the way, don't worry about offending chavs - they're there to be offended!!

Leo

Anonymous said...

More more more! We're addicted!

2 fans